We live in interesting times. Stressful lives and painful histories are all too common, and as healers and caregivers we often carry the weight of the people and communities we serve in addition to our own personal responsibilities. Sometimes it feels like too much life comes at us too quickly. When we're overwhelmed, our bodies do their best to protect us from what we're experiencing.
It just happens that the protection can show up in ways that feel like we're living through a raging storm. Maybe it's sleepless nights, anxiety, chronic pain or tension. Maybe you're functioning on auto-pilot and can't seem to relax. Maybe you're fatigued or depressed. Maybe you've been living on the edge of exhaustion for so long that you don't feel much of anything anymore.
This work is about learning how to be the calm at the center of the storm that is life. It's about remembering the language of your body so you can become more empowered in your health. It's about healing the wounds of your past so you can become more fully present. It honors the integration of body-mind-spirit and recognizes that healing is a journey, not a destination.
When we're in true alignment with ourselves, we can feel more whole and connected. When we really know our own bodies and reclaim the territories of our inner landscapes, then we are able to move through the world with greater clarity, energy and compassion.
We could be a good fit if...
- You're interested in healing the effects of trauma on the body and want to feel more empowered in your health, recover your energy and nourish your resilience to stress.
- You're feeling stressed, exhausted, overwhelmed, burned-out or in pain and are ready to stop chasing symptoms and get to the root of the issue.
- Client/patient/student stories are following you home and keeping you up at night.
- Your stress management plan is no longer meeting your needs or you've been struggling with self-care and would like help making a plan that works for you.
- You want to go deeper into your own inner work, and are looking for a relational, somatic approach to compliment your meditation, yoga practice or psychotherapy sessions.
- You want a personal approach and guidance to help you heal from compassion fatigue, burnout or vicarious traumatization.
- You're questioning your calling, have lost your passion or are ready to quit because your work is making a negative impact on your health.